There is no training run set as of this time. We will update this page when a training run is scheduled.
Top Race Questions with Answers
1. Can I start the race without a water bottle or fuel belt of some kind?
Nope. You must carry some sort of water bottle with you to start this race. Its hilly, tough, and not a road race.
2. Can I get a refund?
3. Can I hike this course during the race:
Yes, but you must do it in 2.5 hours.
4. Are there mile markers every mile?
Nope. This is a trail race not the LA marathon. Aid stations will have mile marker signs.
5. What kinds of stuff will be at the aid stations?
Clif gels, Clif Shot blocks, and Clif Electrolyte drink friendly volunteers
6. What if I can't get my bib on Friday?
We will be also having race check in at Griffith park on race morning from 6am-6:50am. If you can't make either of these times then you may not race.
7. Can someone else get my bib for me? Like my sister's aunt's best friend's neighbor?
Yep that is fine by us.
8. Are we all going to start at the same time?
Nope. You will be separated iN waves with your estimated finishing time determining where you will start. Speedsters up front, and so on and so forth. You will all start in waves separated by just minutes, and it WILL be timed chipped for accuracy.
9. Can I start the race without my bib?
Answer: No. No exceptions
10. What if I arrive late? Can I still start?
Race starts promptly at 7am with a few waves going within minutes after. If you arrive after the last wave has left, you will not be allowed to start the race. Please arrive early.
11. Should I go out and train on trails if I have never ran a trail race before?
Yes! Please get some trail hikes and runs in before race date.
12. What if I don't make it to the finish line in 2.5 hours?
You will still receive a medal, a finishers shirt, and be included on the finishers list under "finisher in under the cut off".
13. How can I find results?
Results will be posted live on the website on race day by my event timers.
14. Do you have age group awards?
No only top three overall male & female winners. All runners will receive a beautiful finishers medal.
15. What if I cut the course?
IF YOU GET CAUGHT CUTTING THE COURSE OR CHEATING YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM ALL OF MY EVENTS AND MADE A PUBLIC DISPLAY OF MOCKERY. PLEASE NO CHEATING.
We would like to extend our sincerest gratitude to Los Angeles District 4 Councilmember Tom LaBonge without whose tireless and amazing efforts and support this event would not have been possible. http://www.tomlabonge.com/